Hunt Videos

MAB7799

Finally got these videos produced and uploaded to YouTube. I made them much longer than I normally do as I wanted to have more than just covey flushes in the videos for when I watch them again in the future.

The first video was shot with my normal GoPro camera. However I ordered a Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 as it has stabilization technology so the video is not as jumpy. It came in during our hunt on day 1 so I used the new camera to shoot our hunt on day 2. I think you'll be able to easily tell the difference between the two videos. I have been very impressed with Garmin's camera. It is much easier to use in the field, it has a better microphone so you can actually hear conversations, and the stabilization technology makes watching the video much better. It's not perfect, but man is it a step up from the GoPro (and cheaper!)

If anyone would like to PM me with how to post good quality pictures I would appreciate it. I don't know/can't remember how to post them so I just put the pictures at the ends of the videos.

Day 1 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kEnotqQTq8 My favorite part is just past the 11 minute mark. Ended the day with 12 quail and 1 rooster shot - had 2 pointed but missed one (cam battery was dead at the time)

Day 2 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZR2OefQVw Coveys were TOUGH this day... all ran like crazy for some reason and when they did sit, they were still very jumpy and wouldn't hold for point very well. Only hunted 2 hours but moved 5 coveys and saw signs of 3 more that we did not locate.

Try this.

Open up a box to create your post. At the top of the little box look for the little icons at the top of box. Hover your mouse over the little icon that looks like a small picture with a tree inside it. It should say "Insert image" when you have your mouse over it.

• Click the little icon "Insert Image"
  • Select browse your computer
  • Select the picture from your computer then Click "Open"
  • The location of the picture is now displayed in the box.
  • Click "upload file(s)
    [*]
    The code is then displayed in the box of your post.
Preview or Save to check it.

Where are you mounting the Garmin to for your vid, Cap?. Does it come with mounting hardware for different applications?

Last edited:
Thank You Birdshooter!

Yes the Garmin came with several other mounting pieces/options as well as the headmount for it. Basically it is a strap that goes around and over your head/cap. Camera is mounted in front and can be adjusted up or down to change the field of vision. The only thing I purchased separately was a dual battery charger (which came with a 2nd battery). I always carry the extra battery as you never know when they will run out.

The video 2 footage was pretty good and like you said the shaky footage you often see seemed to be at a minimum.

Just finished watching the videos. Looks like you guys had a great hunt. I’ll be out tomorrow hope i have some luck for the dogs sake. We shall see. Staying close to home home tomorrow.

Back