Hunt Test

JMc

Super Moderator
Entered my boy "TAZ" in his first AKC hunt test this weekend. Although I knew he was a good hunter, I had never put him in a controlled environment like an AKC event. He ran two braces; 5 birds were planted and he pointed 3and 4 consecutively. He ran against a Weim and a Vizsla. We now have two AKC ribbons. I'm not real concerned about a title but it did get his nose working and it was a good workout for both of us.

Congrats for you and Taz! Sounds like he is a Taz-Mania!!! Good luck this season. Looking forward to hearing about you hunts!:10sign:

Congrats Jim!!!

Hunt Tests are great for keeping your dogs sharp during those ever so long off seasons.

Careful, they can be addicting.

Lefty

Congrats Jim, you and Taz are doing great, A Good and Safe Season to both of you.....Bob

Entered my boy "TAZ" in his first AKC hunt test this weekend. Although I knew he was a good hunter, I had never put him in a controlled environment like an AKC event. He ran two braces; 5 birds were planted and he pointed 3and 4 consecutively. He ran against a Weim and a Vizsla. We now have two AKC ribbons. I'm not real concerned about a title but it did get his nose working and it was a good workout for both of us.

Congrats. What level were you running in?

Actually entered the Junior as it was both mine and Taz's first AKC event. Ran jr both days and then ran against a senior that had a bye. Hopefully not to make anybody mad, but the high end field trial dogs just ran right by the birds. When and if they went on point, their handler couldn't get there in time. It was fun and got Taz on birds.

Well congrats Jim. I have been a gunner at AKC hunt tests and they can be fun. If you think you can do better in the next levels you might be able to move on too and not spend the $ on junior. However if this is all a young dog is ready for it is a great building block for the next level. But I saw plenty of people that should have watched a few first and they could have saved some doe and moved right in to a higher level. I also have met fellas that say you should not move up till you pass all rounds of the lower level. Personal opinion I guess. Anyway hope you had fun and keep it up. it gives us somthing to do with the dog at other times of year then just hunting.:thumbsup:

Back