Hunt Club Metro Area ? - 1 Hour Drive

Looking for some recommendations for hunt clubs within an hour of the metro area. Prefer a club that doesn't require a membership to hunt but willing to pay for membership if includes some birds, scratch bird discounts, and ability to hunt additional open fields when onsite. Time to get the pup on some live birds.

Bob, thanks for the prompt response. I've hunted Traxlers as a guest and was impressed by both the cover and clubhouse. I just to cheap to drop the $ on a membership.

If you have a place to hunt/train, you could buy some pen raised birds from Oakwood in Princeton. You will need to pick them up and have a method of transporting them yourself though. They have pheasants and chukars. Would cost a lot less than going to an actual game farm.

If you have a place to hunt/train, you could buy some pen raised birds from Oakwood in Princeton. You will need to pick them up and have a method of transporting them yourself though. They have pheasants and chukars. Would cost a lot less than going to an actual game farm.
If you go this route make sure your birds are marked in some manor to distinguish them from wild birds or you could have a problem if a CO came by.

You could also check out the Major Avenue Hunt Club by Glencoe.

I second the Orlando game farm. It's near Cannon Falls. The thing I liked about there is they let me plant my own birds when I was working with my dog as a pup and could bring my bird launcher to set up my own situations to train on.

Pheasant Ridge in Ogilvie is probably the best bang for the buck.

I personally do not care for Oakwoods birds, the few times I've purchased them they were small and didn't fly well

If you go this route make sure your birds are marked in some manor to distinguish them from wild birds or you could have a problem if a CO came by.

You could also check out the Major Avenue Hunt Club by Glencoe.
Major Ave was a great hunt club, unfortunately it is no longer in operation. It was sold to a private buyer back in 2019. There is a trainer that rents the kennel and use of the fields.

Looking for some recommendations for hunt clubs within an hour of the metro area. Prefer a club that doesn't require a membership to hunt but willing to pay for membership if includes some birds, scratch bird discounts, and ability to hunt additional open fields when onsite. Time to get the pup on some live birds.

Are you still looking for a hunt club relatively close to the Metro?? I'll be at Caribou on Wednesday morning for a very brief hunt. No need to join - $20 fee plus birds; however you can't scratch hunt. I believe the Membership fee is $200 which allows you to scratch hunt...

Last edited:
Back