Hows the sharpies and chickens Burwell, Chadron?

So I've hunted the McKelvie quite a bit, and just have a hankering for some new ground. And I've never shot a chicken, just sharpies. On my way to Wyoming I was thinking of starting in Burwell/Calamus as my wife has some family there, and angling up in a zigzag manner to wards Chadron over a few days.

Is the hunting worth it or should I stick to Valentine? Access for good public areas an issue? Landowners willing to let people hunt? Not asking for peoples spots, just general feel. Started beekeeping this year so I hope to grease the landowner wheels with some fresh honey....:)

Anywhere west of Broken Bow and north of highway 2 can hold good numbers of sharptails, the further nw you go the better the chicken hunting in my opinion. Like most anywhere, the best hunting is on private ground, and it can be hard to get permission. Chadron area is ok, I think you would do better west towards Harrison. A lot depends on when you go, earlier in sept and oct. permission is easier, not all the deer and turkey hunters here yet.

I was gonna ask this same exact question. Headed to wyoming myself even.. Thanks for the question and answer guys! Isnt there a form of walk-in access in Nebraska?

Back