How was the season?

We had some good hunts in the SW part of the State. CRP + Corn = Birds.

"Load up guys... and try not to shoot the dogs."
LoadUp.jpg

John

Looks like a good group of characters there.

CRP + Corn + Good Group + Birds = Good Times!

I live in the south/central part of the state and had my most productive year by quite a margin. Saw more roosters but by far fewer hens than in years past and haven't figured that out yet. The areas I hunt are covered heavily by a group of fox/coyote hunters in Jan-Feb which I'm certain plays a major factor into bird survival rates. Luckily we've gotten some snow to help the preditor hunting. Guess the sportingclays will have to do until next season comes around. Turkey season can't come soon enough either, < 3 months away.

I live in the south/central part of the state and had my most productive year by quite a margin. Saw more roosters but by far fewer hens than in years past and haven't figured that out yet. The areas I hunt are covered heavily by a group of fox/coyote hunters in Jan-Feb which I'm certain plays a major factor into bird survival rates. Luckily we've gotten some snow to help the preditor hunting. Guess the sportingclays will have to do until next season comes around. Turkey season can't come soon enough either, < 3 months away.

where is South Central WI?
Im just SE of Lake Geneva.

Are you hunting private land, public land or state stocked land?

Hi Mike, I'm 40 min. NE of Madison in Waupun. I do 90% of my hunting on private land. There are several stocked areas near here but are very busy and good places to avoid.

I live just South of Madison and had poor luck this year hunting in Wisconsin. I have to admit that I don't hunt as much private land as I should and will start knocking on doors to gain some access.

Back