How often do you hunt pheasants?

About how many times do you hunt pheasants each season?

• 1-5

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 6-10

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 11-15

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • 16-20

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 21-25

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 26-30

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • 36-40

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 41-45

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 46+

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
I'm lumping in quail, but not PC. I'm not sure that distinction makes sense, but that's what I did. PCs would add another 2-3 days.

I get out pheasant hunting specifically about 10 days a year, up to 15 if I take an out of state trip. But a good 10 days here in my home state. If I could count all the other birds I hunt, I'd be around 25 days or so. But I won't count those so I don't get scolded by A5 😂

I am retired, so living the dream. I hunt most every weekday morning from sunrise until noon Sept - mid January.
If I shoot a rooster, I generally celebrate with the lab and head for home.
At my age, it is more about getting out, enjoying the dog work, hunting a different spot every morning.
Killing many birds is not important to me.

All told, I hunt 3-5 days for grouse, 6-10 days for chukar, 12-16 days for quail and pheasant. I would love to hunt more but my job gets in the way.

I am "Mr. Literal".

My wife hates it....

I only counted pheasants...

Nice work. Me too.

I wonder, if some of these guys were asked how many pheasants they had in the freezer, whether they'd count quail, partridge, grouse, turkeys, & geese too.🤣.....but whatever.

Wish I live close to pheasant country. I’m about 4-5 hours from where we used to hunt here in Ks when there were enough birds to be worth it. Last few years we’ve traveled 10-12 hours to SD for pheasants. Two hunts last year, 6 days total

31-35 here. I'm lucky to live where I do, so there are times when I can run out for 15 minutes prior to sunset on a parcel close to town. But I do believe that 100 days chasing pheasants would be just about the sweet spot for me.

i started at 3-4 days a season. then 5-10 days when I could make two trips. Last season, I was able to make 3 trips, and was able to get 13 days in

As A5 said, PC = Prairie Chicken. Where I hunt in KS we are likely to see both pheasants and quail, so I don't really think of my days as "pheasant hunts" or "quail hunts". They are "bird hunts". That's why I combined them. PC is different because the habitats are different and that season opens so much earlier.

Back