How does CREP work?

benelli-banger

I know of an old guy…very old….that enrolled a bunch of ground in CREP…pretty big upfront cost to the USDA and/or whoever else to establish that…what if the guy dies shortly thereafter? His land could be sold…is the buyer, or whoever may inherit it, allowed to abort the CREP? Curious…I’m thrilled about the new CREP, just concerned about the landowner croaking…need to send him supplements…and strippers! Keep him happy! 🤪

I know of an old guy…very old….that enrolled a bunch of ground in CREP…pretty big upfront cost to the USDA and/or whoever else to establish that…what if the guy dies shortly thereafter? His land could be sold…is the buyer, or whoever may inherit it, allowed to abort the CREP? Curious…I’m thrilled about the new CREP, just concerned about the landowner croaking…need to send him supplements…and strippers! Keep him happy! 🤪

Strippers may have an unintended effect!! I am not sure but would it be the same as CRP that it stays in place until the contract is up? I am not familiar with the details of the CREP program so may be way off base.

Learned that the CREP stays…thanks Matt!
I think we should hedge our bets. Please provide coordinates of the land & the owner's contact info. If it turns out to be pretty pheasanty, we can all combine our efforts to try to keep the old geezer alive as long as possible.

Back