How do you deal with unethical folks?

Interesting discussion. I assumed that the landowner would want to know if someone was trespassing, but I guess it depends on the landowner and the situation. You can usually tell if someone's not supposed to be there by how they act when you introduce yourself. I always assume that unexpected people I come across on land I have permission to hunt are allowed to be there and am friendly to them, but I would probably let the landowner know if something didn't seem right.

One of the reasons a lot of landowners don't lease their ground is because they don't want to give sole access to one person or one group. If I was only going to let one person hunt, I might as well take the money.

I have a neighbor who has always let anyone that ask hunt. This year two hunters that both had permission got into it with each other about who had the right to be hunting there. They went crying to the landowner and got him involved. Guess what? The landowner shut down all access to his ground. He couldn't believe two adults could be behaving like kids like these guys were. He is considering leasing it to deer hunters next year now.

that's sad when I read your post what would i have done? Probably said lets hunt togeather ? if he smart mouthed probably a fu6%$ you and say to myself let him have at it the sun will come up tomorrow there will be other days and convince myself the land wasn't that good anyway:D You know one thing old and new told me this year and it kind of rang a bell to me is the birds are on public anyway at least in mo

Back