How are the ducks?

So, with pheasant numbers so low, how are the duck numbers? Any water in the reservoirs to hold them.

Quite a few ducks in west central missouri. We shot limits of green heads Monday down in Urich. My buddy got the fever so bad he has been down there all week since Saturday. Unfortunately my wife says I have to work at some point.:mad:

In KS they are likely to fly right over or spend very little time here. Not much water, all the corn was harvested early and the waste corn came up volunteer and some is knee high. Being dry like it is allows farmers to disc fields furthering the food problem for waterfowl.

If your wanting to duck hunt you would be much much better off going to Missouri where they actually manage for ducks.

Quite a few ducks in west central missouri. We shot limits of green heads Monday down in Urich. My buddy got the fever so bad he has been down there all week since Saturday. Unfortunately my wife says I have to work at some point.:mad:

Carptom1,

Don't feel like the lone ranger, mine says I can't take days off to hunt, ever!!!

Did I tell you I have a hearing problem.:p:D

Ducks are starting to show up down here. I think this is because of the drought that you all have been suffering of late. More ducks in az then I've ever seen. I don't know, We don't have much food, or water here either..???

Just Passing though???? Much much earlier than years past.:confused:

Carptom1,

Don't feel like the lone ranger, mine says I can't take days off to hunt, ever!!!

Did I tell you I have a hearing problem.:p:D

Ducks are starting to show up down here. I think this is because of the drought that you all have been suffering of late. More ducks in az then I've ever seen. I don't know, We don't have much food, or water here either..???

Just Passing though???? Much much earlier than years past.:confused:

My wife is actually pretty cool about the hunting. I have just pushed it a little over the years. Like I don't know, having to make a stop at wal-mart in between dinner and a movie on our first anniversary. Reason: to get a hunting license so could get up at 3am and go duck hunting because my buddy was killing the green heads and it was killing me:D

My wife is actually pretty cool about the hunting. I have just pushed it a little over the years. Like I don't know, having to make a stop at wal-mart in between dinner and a movie on our first anniversary. Reason: to get a hunting license so could get up at 3am and go duck hunting because my buddy was killing the green heads and it was killing me:D

Oh I get it, mine is great too. She pushes the limit as much or more than I do.:eek: She will never admit it to me. But if you asked her ,or your wife, the truth might come out. :D She reads this stuff, and she knows I'm kidding. She can shoot a shotty very well. I'm a lucky man.:thumbsup: Got to pull that chain every once in a while, to keep things ......Fair.:cheers:

She read this I'm on the couch for a while. :(

Back