Hotels

bdub20

I'm looking to take a trip up to St Joseph and north of there. Looking to hit some of those conservation areas. Are there any cheap motels/hotels that are dog friendly. I haven't narrowed my search down to specific yet but most likely 30 to 45 min north of St Joseph, depends on which areas I decide to hunt. Also does missouri not require a pheasant stamp? This is my first yr pheasant hunting missouri. I live in the springfield, mo area and i'm hoping to take a trip up there some time in november for like a wednesday through friday hunt with my golden. Would love to meet up with someone if anyone is interested. Otherwise might be going solo, also if there are any camping areas that have electricity I may camp as long as I can plug in a heater.

No pheasant Stamp in MO.

Not sure about hotels north of St Joe. Any cheap hotels in St Joe will be full of meth heads.

I know Bilby Ranch has pheasants, but everyone knows that. So it gets pounded pretty hard.

No pheasant Stamp in MO.

Not sure about hotels north of St Joe. Any cheap hotels in St Joe will be full of meth heads.

I know Bilby Ranch has pheasants, but everyone knows that. So it gets pounded pretty hard.

what's the limit on meth heads?

bdub,

From your geographic location, it is pretty clear where you will be hunting, especially on public ground. Be prepared to see a lot of fellas hunting around you and not a lot of birds. I hunted Bilby in a good year and we saw 4 pheasants: 2 hens and 2 roosters. Killed one rooster over a nice point, got the two hens pointed and saw one rooster fly into some corn near dusk. We hunted almost all day with just a couple of dogs.

As far as hotels go, St. Joe will have plenty and you'll probably be able to find a couple of good cheap hotels. But you might also look in Maryville for hotels as well. If you do that, make sure it is not a home game for NWMSU because I am sure the hotels will probably be packed, especially if they look like they are going to be competing for another national title.

You are right KATroutman13.

I forgot about football season.

MoWest has a good team this year.

So stay clear of St Joe during home games.

My son goes to MoWest. He is on the baseball team. (but he works all the football games)

Thanks to everyone for the info. I knew this site would be much better than some others I go on. As I said I plan on going wednesday through Friday so I should miss the crowds from Saturday football games. I'm also hoping to miss the hunting traffic some by going mid week. Yea haven't decided specific spots yet but there are plenty of conservation areas with in driving distance up there that I would hope to get into some birds at one place and would like to try and stay away from the hunting traffic.

You may try some of the waterfowl areas as well, we used to do pretty good there especially in drought years like this one. You have to use steel shot and they do have times I think you have to stay in but it can be good.

Zeepo

Back