Hot deals

Alright My atv broke down went to the stealership for the parts 450+ dollars:eek: Said screw that so I went home and looked on the internet I found alot better deals for new parts:) But I thought it was still to much to pay for an old atv so I looked on Ebay:10sign: Savage yards got them on auction for 10 dollars:10sign::cheers: Part looks clean and workable just wondering how many of you use ebay and have you ever had a bad experence with it.

I've bought 100's of items on ebay over the years. Only been burned twice. Make sure you check the seller's feedback. If it's 99-100% they should be okay. And if you pay via PayPal you have some protection scams, etc.

I've bought 100's of items on ebay over the years. Only been burned twice. Make sure you check the seller's feedback. If it's 99-100% they should be okay. And if you pay via PayPal you have some protection scams, etc.

You get what you pay for, It's a crap shoot. Good luck captain coot. Hope it all works out for you. :eek:

hey cootie ebay works great for me. dealer wanted $167 for a new headlight assembly for funnelclouds car. bought a PAIR for 66 on ebay. brand new bulbs included.

Hey cootie, speaking of "stealership"....I had the JD dealer in town look at my little utility tractor which I thought had a PTO engagement issue. They took it in to fix some other things and came back with and estimate of $2,500 to split the tractor and replace the clutch or something. I said "I'll use it as is until I hit the lottery or something" (it was grinding when you engage the pto).

Here I am working with a new snowblower yesterday on the machine and I see snow coming out of chute sometimes and sometimes not when I was working clutch. Turns out the damn thing is working fine and I just didn;t know how to work a 2 stage clutch. I figure I paid for the snowblower 2 times over with that find.

Hey cootie, speaking of "stealership"...

Here I am working with a new snowblower yesterday on the machine and I see snow coming out of chute sometimes and sometimes not when I was working clutch. Turns out the damn thing is working fine and I just didn;t know how to work a 2 stage clutch. I figure I paid for the snowblower 2 times over with that find.

:confused: a "two stage clutch" ?? that's a new one on me, too. Anything like a three ring circus at all? :p

back to op question.. "I" have had good luck w/ ebay. I've not used it a LOT, but have satisfied when I did.

"Stealership" stories...
I was in need of the drive sprocket and a new bar for my Husky chainsaw. The local dealership (also a True Value) didn't have them on the shelf. Which I found sorta' strange. This is a store with at least 1200 sq. ft. of space dedicated solely to chainsaw repair shop. Plus 3 or 4 isles of store for saws, tools, and accessories.
Anyway, I ordered the parts. They said they would be in on Friday on the truck, they would "call on receiving" them.
The following Tuesday I was in town and stopped in to pick them up. The bar had came in, but no sprocket. I needed to cut some wood, so I paid for the bar 'n picked it up. $60 and change for the bar PLUS $11 shipping. The sprocket would be in on Fridays truck..:rolleyes:
The following Tuesday I called, still no sprocket. I had cut a couple of loads of wood by now, and the drive sprocket was getting pretty bad.
I jumped on the internet, found a "saw shop" out of California that had them in the Oregon brand, in stock, for $3.99 + shipping. I emailed them and got a quick response. I explained my situation and asked about time line and cost of shipping.
The guy didn't even wait for my payment. He stuck it in a padded envelope and mailed it USPS. I had it by Friday and the total cost was under $5.00. I think the mailing was 80 cents or so. I asked him to price out an Oregon bar for me as well. Shipped to my door, $52.00.
Nine days later the stealership called me. "Your part is in. It's going to be $7.00 'n change for the sprocket, and $4.00 for shipping."
I laughed so hard, I think I mighta' peed myself just a little bit..:p

Last edited:
I did it:10sign: The biding was feirce but I delivered the the final blow:eek: Actually I was the only one that bid:) Even bought another part 770 dollars of parts for 73 dollars:thumbsup: Now I get to wait and see what I bought. Called them and they sounded like the atv they came off of was in really good shape was a repo. I'll find out in a couple days. I noticed they changed the asking price on there other parts like mine when I told them what it was worth new:D Strating them at 96 and 74 dollars now They had no idea there was parts inside there worth that much.

I did it:10sign: The biding was feirce but I delivered the the final blow:eek: Actually I was the only one that bid:) Even bought another part 770 dollars of parts for 73 dollars:thumbsup: Now I get to wait and see what I bought. Called them and they sounded like the atv they came off of was in really good shape was a repo. I'll find out in a couple days. I noticed they changed the asking price on there other parts like mine when I told them what it was worth new:D Strating them at 96 and 74 dollars now They had no idea there was parts inside there worth that much.

good for you CC , hope it works out for you.:cheers:

Back