Honey Hole

Zeepo

Been hunting an area for 20 years and there was one piece that is 2x3 miles in area that has no roads going thru it. It has good hunting but has a lot of pasture and canyons that are not huntable. I was searching on google satellite maps and saw that in the middle of the property a tilled area of maybe 80 acres with CRP on the edge. When we tried to find a way to get to it all the gates were locked and I do not drive in farmers fields so we decided to walk the 3/4 mile thru a pasture to see what was there. To make a long story short it was a hunters dream come true. Thick milo with CRP about 30 yards wide along the whole border. Pheasants, quail, prairie chickens, turkeys, whitetail and mule deer. All in all a two hour hunt and 3 of us killed 12 pheasants and 16 quail. Chickens flew out too far in front of us. When we got to the truck I slipped my jacket off and a another group of hunters pulled up and ask us why we were hunting a pasture. Needless to say I just laughed and said I will never hunt that pasture again. I have since found several other areas to hunt that I always drove by using satellite mapping. Good Luck

Zeepo

Public, Look at those big tracts in Osborne county, that is where these maps come in handy. A friend and I looked at several tracts last night and we think we may have found a few more. Will not know for a couple more weeks.

zeepo

I like your idea of hunting. Most of my friends will not hunt with me much because they say I walk way to far just to get to a place where the birds might be.

Mike

I like your idea of hunting. Most of my friends will not hunt with me much because they say I walk way to far just to get to a place where the birds might be.

Mike

That is funny. I took my wife hunting with me once and after crossing two bare fields she asked if we were about done, I laughed and told her we hadn't started yet!:)

Rut

Great High Tech Info

Been hunting an area for 20 years and there was one piece that is 2x3 miles in area that has no roads going thru it. It has good hunting but has a lot of pasture and canyons that are not huntable. I was searching on google satellite maps and saw that in the middle of the property a tilled area of maybe 80 acres with CRP on the edge. When we tried to find a way to get to it all the gates were locked and I do not drive in farmers fields so we decided to walk the 3/4 mile thru a pasture to see what was there. To make a long story short it was a hunters dream come true. Thick milo with CRP about 30 yards wide along the whole border. Pheasants, quail, prairie chickens, turkeys, whitetail and mule deer. All in all a two hour hunt and 3 of us killed 12 pheasants and 16 quail. Chickens flew out too far in front of us. When we got to the truck I slipped my jacket off and a another group of hunters pulled up and ask us why we were hunting a pasture. Needless to say I just laughed and said I will never hunt that pasture again. I have since found several other areas to hunt that I always drove by using satellite mapping. Good Luck

Zeepo

Thank you for sharing this excellent info. I've driven past many large, pure pasture appearing walk-in spots, dismissing them as unlikely pheasant habitat.

Back