Holiday excuse

Any ideas on good excuses or good rationale to help me convince my wife that hunting on Christmas afternoon after presents are opened, is a good idea?

Solar Flair?

Earth Quake?

Armageddon?

Bad Gas?

Good Luck My Friend!

OK try this one on !
Do it for the Kids. Honey the kids only have their school break time where they can get away and gee they will be gone and grown before you know it. ( Insert swelling tear filled eye here ).

Well never did I imagine that my wife (who's a gem anyway) would go for it and give me the nod to take my 14 year old away for a week long Kansas bird trip the day after Christmas.

Oh and did I mention that I was gone last week also out to Kansas. What a girl.
And yes boys she does in fact have a single sister. ( But I got the good one !)

Tell her her meal was so good that you over ate, and instead of taking a nap like you would like to do you think you will take the dog for a walk so both of you stay healthy and while you are going you might as well take the old or perhaps new, being Christmas and all, ( :, shotgun with you. Lots of luck, if it works let me know may try it next year

Just go and enjoy yourself, and worry about the fallout when you get back from hunting. What's the worst thing that could happen?

BTW, this didn't work for me with my last 6 wives.:D

Last edited:
Rocky,

I have to agree with your wife on this one. I hunt a lot of days a year and Christmas day is the one day I never hunt. Christmas is about celebrating the gifts that He has given us. Part of celebrating those gifts is being a good steward of those gifts. So on Christmas day when I head out to the pheasant fields I will not be hunting I will be being a good steward of God's gifts. I have been blessed with good health, a good hunting dog, an itchy trigger finger, and an understanding wife. What a better way to be a good steward than to use your gifts to the fullness and go shoot some birds.

Merry CHRISTmas

Last edited:
O c'mon moellermd cut the guy some slack. Some peoples JOBS allow them only a few days a year to hunt pheasants.

It's Truly Very Simple

Say, "bye, bye".

That's what I do. Been married ten years and was home this year on her birthday for the first time out of the last nine years. I warned her well before I ever bought the ring that I am the way I am when it comes to hunting birds. I have sacrificed fishing, golf, and many other things but the rudy chasin was never negotiable.

Good luck!!

I've found a way.

Just wrap a box with Christmas wrap and put your dog's name on it. Inside the box put a note with the following:

This note entitles Gunner to go on one pheasant hunt on the afternoon of Dec 25 with his master. Merry Christmas.

Then make sure he gets his present.

LM

When you get done eating, put your hunting stuff on, grab the gun and dog and tell her have them dishes done before I get back. Then we will have some shaky puddin...LOL

pout. :thumbsup:

cruel and unjust punishment

I don't know about you guys, but I would consider it to be cruel and unjust punishment for the ladies to forbid a little Christmas pheasant hunt after the day's festivities are over. Especially if the outing includes family, such as your dad, kids, etc. Since we don't have pheasants here in NC WI, we have a Christmas rabbit hunt and it's something that's really missed if we aren't all together to make it happen.

I hadn't noticed this thread until just a moment ago. I just got off the phone w/ my wife. She was trying to make me feel bad for hunting the days following Christmas. She'll get over it the same way she got under it!!! I'm going whether she likes it or not and I'd suggest you do the same.

I hadn't noticed this thread until just a moment ago. I just got off the phone w/ my wife. She was trying to make me feel bad for hunting the days following Christmas. She'll get over it the same way she got under it!!! I'm going whether she likes it or not and I'd suggest you do the same.
I sent my wife a text message about hunting this Saturday and she called me and said "so you think that you're going hunting Saturday huh? Well let me tell you this, have fun because you deserve it." Honestly gents, that call happened a few minutes ago, I'm still picking myself up off of the floor!!!:eek:

Just ask her to go along with you!! I did that a few years ago and I have had a new hunting partner ever since!! Actually there are times when she tells me "I have a sitter lined up, get the dog ready and the guns out."!!! No Joke!!

You know people, some Wife's/GF's, Like Kiotehntr wife, wake up to the fact we, as well as them, just have to get away for a while. My wife goes shopping, I don't say a word. I go hunting and she don't say a word. For as she puts it "we always come back in a better frame of mind." In other words it helps our Mental Health.......Bob

Actually, I've had not counting MN hunting. Six, 6 days out of state hunting trips since mid Sept. Ummm,:D I'm very happy to spend some home time with the Lady that married me.

It's been fun for me to hear all the adventures from your Fall hunts.

Best wishes ALL!!

Just ask her to go along with you!! I did that a few years ago and I have had a new hunting partner ever since!! Actually there are times when she tells me "I have a sitter lined up, get the dog ready and the guns out."!!! No Joke!!

I've done that many times, but it just doesn't work for me. You're a lucky man I guess. I had to resort to diamonds. In the words of Ron White, "Buy her some diamonds.....that'll shut her up!!"

Back