Hi There From MN

Eastofriver

Hello all,

New member posting here. I live just north of the Twin Cities. I have a cabin in No. MN between Grand Rapids and Bigfork. Needless to say I am in the middle of some of the best Partridge (Ruffed Grouse) hunting in the country
I have two Springers that keep me busy hunting both at the same time. I prefer to tag team them. They are seven now and in their prime.
Life is good up there!

Our son was recruited out of college by CHS. I headed out to Ipswich SD for the interview all dressed up in a suit we bought for him. His interview went well for him and the manager told him to lose the suit and pick up some jeans and good boots. They sent him to Eureka SD with a sales job. He lived in a hole in the wall of a motel for a month. He found a home that he liked and picked that up. He rose through the ranks quickly and became the top sales man.
CHS (Northern Plains) promoted him to sales and office manager after a year.
His office is 300 yards from his home. After another year with Northern Plains he was put in charge of the Agronomy division based out of Gettysberg.
He has since picked up a home in town and bought a small farm with an old buiding on it. BTW, married now and a young daughter.

We (my wife & I) have been fortunate enough to go out there quite a bit hunting and fishing. We really enjoyed the town of Eureka (good Pheasant hunting, terrific duck and goose hunting).
In Gettysberg it is all about Pheasant's! We have done very well on them. Besides my two Springers, he has two Labs. They have been the perfect mix.

We hunt mostly private land (it pays to have a son that is in contact with farmers and ranchers). State land is pretty run over quickly there.
I have had the opportunity to hunt with many land owners in the area. They call my son to come out hunting and discuss business along the hunt.

We love our Grouse hunting here in No. MN, however the hunting in SD is top notch.
Don't get me started about the about the deer hunting. I can supply pics if someone likes

Between No. MN and SD it seems to be the best of both worlds. Life is good.

Hi There From MN Reply

Eastofriver, Welcome to the Ultimate Pheasant Hunting Forum. There is a lot of experienced people on the site and most of them are willing to share their experiences and knowledge. I hope to see a lot of posts from you.

Wow! Great set up you have! I might have to nudge my son to get a job out there! Great excuse to come visit!

Tell your son to check out CHS jobs in SD. They are hiring people for sales jobs, drivers etc all the time.
Great company to work for says our son.

Back