Hi All, I live in Colorado and hope to hunt birds in the fall .

sidecar

I no longer have my beloved Springer Spaniel and I miss hunting behind her very much. I have joined the forum in hopes of finding an outfitter / guide / lodge / other hunters somewhere that use Springers and I get the chance to hunt with those great little dogs again.

I no longer have my beloved Springer Spaniel and I miss hunting behind her very much. I have joined the forum in hopes of finding an outfitter / guide / lodge / other hunters somewhere that use Springers and I get the chance to hunt with those great little dogs again.

There's a springer pup somewhere who needs you.

Thanks very much guys for the warm welcome. I'd love to get another Springer but I'm now living in a townhome w/o a yard plus my wife and I are both retired and doing a lot of traveling, so I'm not sure it would be fair to the new family member under these circumstances. But I'd love another Springer all the same.

You should look into the Colorado ESS Field Trial group. I got my start with springers years ago by helping out with the field trial in Oklahoma and got hooked on the dogs. I then worked with a local trainer for many years. Good luck.

Welcome to the forum. Check out www.mdpf.org, the website for the Denver Chapter of Pheasants Forever. We have a chapter meeting at Denver Bass Pro Shop on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 7:00 PM. We are also holding a youth/novice training clinic with shotgun instruction at Barr Lake on Sunday, Aug. 21 and can always use some volunteers to help out. Check the website.

Come to the chapter meeting. Meet other hunters who also happened to fish, camp, play golf, etc. That's what I did about 5 years ago.
Tom

Back