Hello from Tennessee!

TN Cattleman

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Brian Henley and I live in Tennessee.

I grew up in Northern California where pheasant hunting was what I looked forward to every year! Well, times change and I now call Tennessee home. I have been looking into places to pheasant hunt and it looks like Kansas would be the closest place to me.

I am not interested in hunting clubs shooting pen-raised birds, I only want to hunt wild birds. Are there still good places to hunt public land in Kansas? Or better yet, can you arrange to hunt private property?

I am a cattle farmer here in TN and hunting Wild Turkey just doesn't excite me like pheasants do. Anyway, I know that I am asking a for a lot of information, but you have to start somewhere!! I like this site and just wanted to say Hello and get some conversations started.

Welcome to uph. I'm from the central valley and boy the pheasant hunting isn't what I hear it used to be. I travel north to the rice every year. From what I understand Kansas has some very good pheasant (and quail) hunting on public and walk in lands. They had an off year because of last years drought but an off year out there is probably better than a good year around here now.

Welcome. Yes there is plenty of public hunting in Kansas. As far as private acess, it is not nearly as commercialized as SD. There are a few guide/outfitters, but not a bunch. The bird #'s where I hunt were down severely. But timely weather can make a big difference year to year.

I grew up in Palmyra, but in OH vs TN. SPend time down in Byrdstown TN on Dale Hollow Lake.

Matt D

Welcome Brian. You stay on here and makes some good friends and you will get some good info and sometimes a invite!!!! Enjoy the slow times, but this is when the best info is shared!!!!:cheers:

Back