Hello From SW Asia

Yankee

Hello Everyone,

I've been creeping around the forum for a month or so now and wanted to finally take a moment and introduce myself and give a brief background. I'm origianlly from Pittsburgh, PA and relocated to the New Orleans, LA area about 4 years ago (wife's hometown). I have a soon to be 8 year old GSP, Beau, with whom I've traveled the country and had the pleasure of hunting with for the last 7 and a half years.

I'm currently deployed to SW Asia, flying around supporting US and coalition forces throughout the region. I am really looking forward to getting home and being able to bird/deer hunt again.

I shot my first pheasant in December 2008, having purchased my dog in Texas and returning to PA, I figured I had better give this Upland thing a try. Since then I've lost count of how many pheasants we've bagged, it really go into my blood and i really can't imagine any other type of hunting I'd rater do. Over the years Beau and I have traversed the "Big Woods" in PA hunting Ruffed Grouse, shot pheasants in 6 states, wild quail in Louisiana and more Woodcock than I care to think about.

That all being said the one event I really look forward to every year (this now being the 3rd year) is "Pheasageddon." This is an annual pilgrimage of friends who now like myself have relocated from Western PA to various spots on the US map. Each year we travel to the Pierre SD area in search of wild ringnecks. Our first year, 2013, was abysmal at best. Due to the low number of birds that year, and the fact that we just didn't have a clue what we were really doing once we got to SD. Last year was leaps and bounds better, and I have high hopes for the coming season as well.

I really enjoy reading everyones updates on the early broods. Thank you for the great info, I'm happy to be here!

Be well,

Jake

Hey there Yankee. Welcome to the site. Get home safely and here's to a great 2015 upland season for you.:cheers:

Nick

Back