Hello from NJ

Welcome! This is a great forum full of information and very knowledgeable people when it comes to upland hunting and conservation! New Jersey is in the process of a Trap and Transfer Program of wild pheasants similar to the on going program in Pa but it is no where near as large of a program! If you have the time next Fall I highly suggest you give Pa look as the bird hunting is very good! Check out the Pa Forum.

Welcome to the site! NJ does a pretty good job of stocking pheasant and quail! If don't mind a little drive Pa. will increase it's stocking back to over 200,000 birds next year. Drop by the Pa. forum!

Welcome enjoy the forum. I spent a year at McGuire AFB in 1971 and for a South Dakota boy that was a real change to say the least.:eek:

SDJIM, I am stationed at MCGuire here too. I live about an hour south of the base, in a town that didn't really exist when you were here! I'm originally from Western NY.

HollowWatcher, do you hunt new jersey? I'm close to PA so hunting there isn't out of the question if I knew of a place to go. I'm in south jersey so I guess I'd have to get out of the city. If there is a campground nearby a place to hunt, I could make a weekend of it with my son as well.

Every now and then I try to get out in New Jersey just because of its proximity but the majority of my time is spent in Pa..for me its about the quality of the hunt and I don't mind the drive! Having a Pheasant Camp with your son sounds like a great idea!

SDJIM, I am stationed at MCGuire here too. I live about an hour south of the base, in a town that didn't really exist when you were here! I'm originally from Western NY.

Is McGuire still a base with a bad rep? It was really ------ up when I was there, could tell you horror stories. I did take up bow hunting there and Ft. Dix had some good bow hunting--just to many people to close and crowded for me--I will say it was better than the next time I got stationed on the east coast--try Bolling Field Washington DC--:eek:

Back