Hello from CO...

Smith81

Hi all,
I live and work in the Denver-Metro area. I have hunted pheasants for several years now, all over somebody elses dog. I recently purchased my first dog, a german shorthair.

I typically make the drive to Kansas or hunt some of the preserves during the season(s). I only harvest on average 2 or 3 birds on public lands in CO every year. It's worth the drive to Kansas!

I am looking forward to learning from all of you.

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you. I enjoy this site so much, that it's the first place I go when I get on! Just GREAT people, info and stories! You're gonna love it! Just about anything you need to know, you'll find it here! Hope you enjoy! I have a Son and Brother-in-Law that live in Baley and Pine! Nice place!

Rod:cheers:

Welcome Smith to UPH, we are happy to see you here. You mentioned you wanted to learn some things. That is what we are here for, just ask the questions and the group will be happy to share. We all are not experts but together we can get the job done.---Bob

Welcome aboard. What areas of Kansas do you usually hunt?

We usually head to Ft. Hayes, then south a ways to a small town called Lacrosse. Loads of public lands (and loads of pheasants) in the area.

I've also hunted some of the towns closer to the border, such as Oakley. I plan on scouting/hunting more of the border towns this year. Ten hour drives are ok with me, but that cuts at least a couple of days of hunting each time.

Not as much luck, but still plenty of birds. I'm sure I could hunt the rest of my life there and not find the best place.

Back