Hello Doves

That really ticks me off too Cal. How hard is it to pack it out? I understand losing a hull or two but the spots that are just littered with hulls is beyond irritating.

That really ticks me off too Cal. How hard is it to pack it out? I understand losing a hull or two but the spots that are just littered with hulls is beyond irritating.

I got my Madera report back from my parent's neighbor. I heard they did awful this year. They usually do well in Madera but this year after the first two days of hunting I think there were three or four people and only got something like 15 birds. I guess the doves found somewhere better to go.

I think we shot about 140 birds off one field in 10 hunter days. We never even got around to all the other fields, some of them are better in the late season.

I think we shot about 140 birds off one field in 10 hunter days. We never even got around to all the other fields, some of them are better in the late season.

You did well. These guys don't scout. They just show up in Madera the day before the opener and go to same spot every year whether there are any doves around or not.

Back