Heavy Rains in Holyoke

winchester21

Hey fellas- I was watching the news and it looks like the NE corner of the state has been getting absolutely drenched and it got me a little worried. Is the timing of this going to adversely affect the chicks or are they big enough by now?

I cant speak for Holyoke first hand. But a little south of there two weeks ago they had 7 inches and the fields were floating. I seen some of these storms headed that way but have not been told anything. Yuma we a had a lot of moisture through today. Not much hail but it has been very cool. I have been cutting hay for about 10 days and all of the nests have just been eggs till Tuesday. I hit a nest on Tuesday and when I came back by the chicks were out of the eggs. I know you guys dont like to hear that either. I hate it but its my job. Anyways two more days of weather the tv says so I will keep you updated.

Really appreciate the update, engpointerman, as ominous as it may be. In the big picture though, the moisture is more important to Eastern Colorado than anything we hunters should be concerned with.

I talked to a couple buddies out in Holyoke. One took a picture from his front door of a big funnel cloud. He said it missed them and I don't think it touched down. He also said they didn't get any hail out of the last storm...thank God!

Another buddy said he saw his first hen with chicks on Wednesday. He said she had 14 chicks with her. That is awesome. Hopefully we don't get pounded to hard over the next several weeks.

Loaded pigs this morning. The trucks come out of Holyoke. The owner was driving today he is a farmer also. He said that they have had rain just like here a little hail but nothing terrible at this point.

Back