headin out this weekend...

kscountryboy11

so after a long hard day of huntin wednesday in NC ks with a buddy, my yellow lab, and his English setters first hunt we came home with 6 roosters and 2 quail. it was though day of hunting but the birds did sit tight. only complaint i have about the hunt...i forgot the camera!!!:mad:

but other than that it was great. saw a ton of prarie chickens in a been field too! so im headin out again this weekend to a different part of the state...and i will redeem myself by remembering the camera so i can post some pics after we get back sunday evening. hope everyone that has a chance to get out as the season is closing to an end quickly has a great time and sucess! good luck boys :thumbsup:

Good luck this weekend. I was hoping to get out, but I'm not going to make it. Hopefully, next weekend.

well.. i did it again..left the camera at home. i guess i was a little too excited to get out and hunt. but my buddy did take a picture with his phone after we had harvested 6 roosters before lunch and heading home. it was a good weekend over all, and we saw tons of birds. alot of roosters, hardly any hens, but im sure we walked right by a bunch of hens. hunted with two very unexperienced dogs, one dogs first trip out ever. so im sure they prolly missed some of the hens that sat real tight. but heres a pic from sunday morning.

im the good lookin guy on right :rolleyes:

Back