Headed to Kansas again

jimmy j

We are headed to Osbourne and Russell counties to hunt over the weekend. Hunted there week after Thanksgiving and done good, averaged 4 pheasants and 6 quail a day. No limits but lots of good dog work and comaradery. Hunt both private and walk in and some around Wilson Lake. Have been going to Ks. for over25 years and have had lots of good dog work and lots of birds to eat. Sure wish Mo. could get there bird numbers improved but did have a few fair hunts around my home area. Will post when get back and sure do enjoy reading the posts on this site. I type with one finger so dont post much but like I said enjoy this forum. Jimmy J

You get her done on the upland fields. Have a great hunt and share your tales and photos with us.

Got back from Ks. late last night and had a real good hunt. Two of us, in two and half days got 3 Pheasants and 19 quail and had as good of dog work as Ive ever had. Lots of quail and hen points and some fair shooting. It was 60 or better on Sunday but still did good on the quail but Pheasants were wild and both dogs and hunters were warm. If the winter and hatching season are good should be lots of birds next season as there are still plenty of hens ans quail left.

Got back from Ks. late last night and had a real good hunt. Two of us, in two and half days got 3 Pheasants and 19 quail and had as good of dog work as Ive ever had. Lots of quail and hen points and some fair shooting. It was 60 or better on Sunday but still did good on the quail but Pheasants were wild and both dogs and hunters were warm. If the winter and hatching season are good should be lots of birds next season as there are still plenty of hens ans quail left.

you were lucky to find the quail, otherwise it would have been bleak....good job!

Back