Hays......

lvrgsp

Any updates as to how the birds around Hays are lately? I may be going that way the middle of next week.
Oh yea and do they have cold beer? :)

Thanks,
Chip :cheers:

Just got a report from out there and you can expect the hunting to be good. As you probably know, the crops came out late, but from the sound of it, they are mostly out of the fields now. The guy I heard from hasn't had a chance to hunt yet, but is optimistic the bird numbers will be good.

I also heard the hunting North of Hays has been good.

I hope this helps.

Let us know how you do.

Hey thanks, and I will let you know how we do. That's what i was wanting to hear, all the crops are out.

Chip :cheers:

Well the end result was less than stellar. Shame on me for going out dueing Rifle season :eek: . Actually stayed in Beloit, at the Waconda Motel, nice little place, friendly people, great price. Hunted north and west of Beloit on day one, and saw a few birds, 2 cocks both flushed way in front of us and a few hens in the morning. Saw a few more hens in the afternoon, other than that not to much else. Day two started out really good, loads of hens and 1 cock in about a 120 acre field. Dogs worked well, Jack pinned the only cock of the day in the morning. Had a few more points on hens in the afternoon from both dogs, then on to Prairie Chicken country and let the dogs roll out, no birds though. Third day going home north on Hwy 14 saw a nice little field, dropped the tailgate let Jack out 100 yds in the field he locks up, I get the shotgun and load it flush, boom, back in the truck all within 10 minutes. Drove home. Had a good time, alot of good dog work, hard to cover those fields with just one guy and one dog at a time.

Chip
:cheers:

...Waconda Motel, nice little place, friendly people, great price.
:cheers:

Thanks for the report. What else can you tell us about the Waconda? I've been curious about places to stay in Beloit. Is it dog friendly? Cleaning station (like I would ever have a use for one :) ) Smoke free?

Thanks, Ed

Ed, Yes to all, even have a carport to pull your truck in under at night. great folks, a nice little grassy area to tie the dogs out real quick or walk em around. 2 hiways run thru there. Just a nice little place to stay, tv with cable and wireless interent as well.

Back