having second thoughts

outlawskinnyd

tomorrow i pick up my weatherby orion d' italia.

im thinking i might have to sell my lever action and put my money i payed for the weatherby towards a beretta 686 white onyx.

is the jump up to beretta quality worth it?

no i really like beretta. a lot. just slightly out of my price range. i ahve to draw the line somewhere. its very hard for me to save up $1500 for a new shotgun, let alone $2000 on a beretta.

so i figured since i already have the 1500 why not just sell a rifle i dont use and get the beretta.

I would suggest you do some research. I think I read somewhere, Both guns are made in the same factory in Italy. If they both are coming out of the same place I cannot see much difference..........Bob

one of my biggest problems is that the gun is a 8lbs! do i really wanna carry that around all day? especially since im walking and have no dog!

im thinking i should go 20g

I would get a cz red head 20ga and put the extra money towards a well bred springer spaniel.:D This combo w has worked out great for me.:thumbsup:

I shoot nothing but 20 and 28 ga. They all weigh is right around 6 pounds. I find carrying them is alright, but then I am not young anymore and only hunt half days. I agree if weight worries you go 20 ga. The only thing you are giving up is shot size. 1 ounce is the best you can get in a regular 20 ga. I shoot that all the time and have very good luck. Honestly, I have killed more birds with my 20 than I ever did with a 12 ga. I have far fewer misses also.............Bob

Here is a link for you. They sell guns mostly closeouts. But you might find some thing you like. You have to have a dealer with a FFL to ship the gun too. So I'd find one and discuss fees and such before ordering a gun. Look qat the catalog and see what is up. You can sign up for the catalog and they mail one out each quarter for you to see.........Bob

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Last edited:
well i just spoke to my new hunting partner (he works at the gun shop i go to) and he said to get whatever i want its no problem. he just suggested (like he always has) that i get a 12g as my first o/u because its so versatile. once i get experience behind the o/u then i can branch off and see what i want.

so i feel better :)

its that im on a dely. i always have to wait to pick up firearms, so i had all this time to second guess my purchase

Here is a link for you. They sell guns mostly closeouts. But you might find some thing you like. You have to have a dealer with a FFL to ship the gun too. So I'd find one and discuss fees and such before ordering a gun. Look qat the catalog and see what is up. You can sign up for the catalog and they mail one out each quarter for you to see.........Bob

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

ok those prices are insanely low. insanely low. whats the catch?

I'd get on CDNN mailing list, then you can see what they have and see your partners about it. Dealers like to sell 12's. For one reason. They shoot the biggest patterns, and the shooter can be a little sloppy and still bring the bird down. Only with you; you have to kill them for you have no dog to find it for you if crippled. It sure would be nice if your landlord would permit a nice little dog like a brit or a springer

Like I said those guns are mainly closeouts.Then you have shipping and dealer's fees to add in. Most of the guns in my rack are from them........Bob

Back