Has anyone hunted with an Airedale terrier.

jack buss

Fairly new to upland hunting. Rasied allsorts of dogs from labs to Dobermans. Looking into getting an Airedale Terrier it fits all of what I am looking for in a dog as far as Training, Family ect. They where orginaly bred for hunting upland game some breeders "few and far between" still breed flushing Dogs . All of that being said "Question".

Has anyone hunted with or around an Airedale terrier? If so I would appreciate any first hand accounts.

Know some one on the forum does

but I cant remember who it is . I have never hunted upland with then but have hunted coon with them and they do a good job @ that very smart dogs!!!! I have also witnessed a couple jack russell terriers that were very good upland dogs,

Gundog Magazine

There was an artilce in the October/November 2007 Gundog Magazine about Airedales.

A little old lady brought 2 Airedales to our UKC retriever hunt test last yeat and they did awesome at the test. As far as out hunting I don't know.

A friend had his Areidale and wanted to take him out with the Puds. I saw no harm and the dog actually pointed a hen and a rooster which I shot. He did not retrieve. Formerly he was known as a cat, skunk and porkie killer. We removed over 80 quills once.
________
Oregon Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited:
Not yet but maybe this fall some time with TOlzen on here, I think that is what he has. Not sure but maybe he will ring in here. I think we might be getting togeather for a hunt soon. You could try to PM him. Does any one else remember if that is what T,O hunts with?

I have a terrier, but not an Airedale. Just a wee Jack Russell.

As far as generalizations, terriers are good pets with high prey drive. They are also high energy, so "try before you buy".

Back