Has anyone ever lived or been to Louisiana.

Good Lord dude! A place is what you make of it, you moved there for your wife so put your big boy pants on and make the best of it. Sorry for the rant, but I get tired of hearing you complain about things.

Okay. Let's play nice kids:D

Upland, I'm moving your thread to the Louisiana forum.;)

Nick

Good Lord dude! A place is what you make of it, you moved there for your wife so put your big boy pants on and make the best of it. Sorry for the rant, but I get tired of hearing you complain about things.

It's cool. Just after being in war than moving from my live hunt partner my father you have good days making the best and bad ones when you miss.

Wood Cock/ Ducks/Doves/Quail/......

I am a native of Louisiana. Welcome to Sportsman's Paradise! We have outstanding duck and woodcock hunting here. Dove is pretty good. Quail is doable, but tough to find. Fishing, if you're interested is the best in the Country!

I am an avid woodcock and duck hunter. I use Labs, GSP's, and recently acquired my first Brittany pup, but I've hunted behind my friends Brittany's a lot.

The vast majority of the nations woodcock winter in Louisiana. The season runs from Dec. 18 thru Jan. 31 every year, and the hunting can be outstanding. If you're an upland hunter, then the trusty old timberdoodle will be your bread and butter down here.

Most folks in Louisiana were raised in a hunting home, and you'll find the state as a whole is very hunter/2A friendly. And most importantly, our food is second to none. Enjoy your time here.

I am a native of Louisiana. Welcome to Sportsman's Paradise! We have outstanding duck and woodcock hunting here. Dove is pretty good. Quail is doable, but tough to find. Fishing, if you're interested is the best in the Country!

I am an avid woodcock and duck hunter. I use Labs, GSP's, and recently acquired my first Brittany pup, but I've hunted behind my friends Brittany's a lot.

The vast majority of the nations woodcock winter in Louisiana. The season runs from Dec. 18 thru Jan. 31 every year, and the hunting can be outstanding. If you're an upland hunter, then the trusty old timberdoodle will be your bread and butter down here.

Most folks in Louisiana were raised in a hunting home, and you'll find the state as a whole is very hunter/2A friendly. And most importantly, our food is second to none. Enjoy your time here.

Will do. Do farmers let Hunt their land ie bean fields for ducks with out paying? I like to do some woodcock hunting interested in going pm me for my info. Thanks k you sir.

Timberdoodle, you are 100% correct sir, the woodcock hunting is primo in S LA, particularly the Basin area. I really put a hurting on the general population last year! HAHAHA!

UPLAND4EVER, Unless you know a farmer personally I haven't found anyone that is willing to let me hunt without $$ being involved. I hit the public land hard and have done fairly well. I have a few good friends that live in the North Central and North East parts of the state that have let me hunt their property but just knocking on doors hasn't produced anything for me.

Really one of the best things about upland hunting in LA is the fact that I usually don't see anyone else. I don't know if its a lack of interest (i'm guessing not), or i just get lucky. But it's really nice to have an entire WMA to yourself at times!

If either of you would like to know where to find some wild quail, ask someone else!!! HAHAHAHA! I can't share all my secrets on a public forum! No, seriously PM me maybe we can put a hunt or two together this year...

Jake

Woodcock hunting was good there. Quail on put & take. November through February / March.

Waterfowling is tremendous.

Heat is god awful mid May through mid October. Even at sunrise the temps can exceed 75F with near 100% humidity at that hour.

People that I met and friended there were good people.

Loved the food, liked the music.

In contrast, your wife's rock may look incredibly small now. They expect & get them big down there.

Like Texas - Georgia. Pay-to-play is the norm.

No free hunting from farmers, but lots of free state managed land. Hardly any upland hunters here. We are a very small group. Mostly duck and deer hunters. I hunt in the Atchafalaya Basin a lot. And along the Mississippi River banks.

I'm in South Louisiana . If you guys are around for woodcock season definitely pm me. I'll be glad to have some company.

An older thread but thought I'd jump in. I spent several wonderful years in Louisiana and loved it. I have lived all over the country and have been blessed to hunt in a lot of great places...LA is up there at the top of them. If you like to fish and hunt you will love it. If you like friendly, fun-loving people you will love it. If you like food you will love it. I'd probably long been dead from a heart attack if I still lived there!

In my experience, other than woodcock the upland hunting is like the rest of the southeast. You either have to pay for birds or work really hard and put your time in for a few opportunities. The waterfowl hunting is outstanding. The places I hunted were all public and at the time not crowded. That has changed but I still go back when I can, because even with more people to contend with the duck hunting is awesome.

I have lived and worked in 7 states since college days and its the only one that I invested in a lifetime hunting license...that should tell you something. :thumbsup:

Been having my lifetime license for years. Great value and convenient too ! Just don't forget to get the free HIP certification every year that's required to hunt migratory birds. And of course a federal duck stamp if you're gonna hunt ducks .

Back