Hardest bird to hit (poll)

Hardest Bird to Hit?

• Total voters
If you look around there is some good info and pretty successful bird hunters on there though.

Yeah. I've read through some threads over there in the past. They have a few knowledgeable folks hanging out over there. They come up with some interesting/informative posts.

Then again, we have a few of our own over here too. I've learned a lot from this forum:).

Last edited:
I mentioned earlier on this thread that a wild, late season rooster getting up in a 30-40 mph wind kicks my arse. :) most every time.
But roosters all in all are a much easier target then a Ruffed Grouse.
I have had a lot of pheasants get up behind trees and brush, that makes for a challenge. :eek:
Ruffs almost always are behind trees and brush.:cheers:

Then again, we have a few of our own over there too. I've learned a lot from this forum

And UPH has a much more congenial, friendly, and just-as-knowledgeable membership who don't look down their noses as folks.

I have always said that if you are hunting grouse here in North Carolina to survive, well your gonna die! Between the rough terrain and then the flushes in rhododendron thickets, trees, etc it is a real challenge.
One hunt I shot my gun 10X and only had to clean it:eek:

And UPH has a much more congenial, friendly, and just-as-knowledgeable membership who don't look down their noses as folks.

:eek:My grammar was off in that post Koja. Sorry. I meant "over here" not "over there".:)

No harm no foul; I knew what you meant.

I have always said that if you are hunting grouse here in North Carolina to survive, well your gonna die! Between the rough terrain and then the flushes in rhododendron thickets, trees, etc it is a real challenge.
One hunt I shot my gun 10X and only had to clean it:eek:

The videos I've seen on youtube support this account. Its tough to find a video of on I'd consider an easy shot. 10 shots at roosters is a 2-day limit in KS:D

I assume there are still some pretty good folks on the site. I have not been active on it for years as those people were getting drowned out and the general tone (IMO) took a turn for the worse. Just got to be too much high school cliquishness, general grab ass and a loss of civility. The opportunity for any real open or useful exchange of information on hunting options, conservation etc. got really small.

It happens on message boards. They evolve and not always in a way that suits all of our interests or viewpoints.

Back