Happy Easter from WI

ss13

Happy Easter weekend from southeast WI! New member here with limited upland experience. I’ll be getting a Brittany pup in a few months, which will give me an excuse to get into the fields and north woods more often. The family is looking forward to our new companion.

Its going to be quite a journey.

Don't know if you have time, but today (4/2/21) and tomorrow (4/3/21) there is a field springer spaniel hunt test being held at Oasis Game Farm, near New Glarus, WI. No charge for spectators. Might be informative to see the flushing spaniels work. Of course, these dogs are top tier.

Best wishes

I should add, this is the season for a lot of field trial tests. You might check with the Brittany association to see if there are any Brit tests going on close to you.
The more you know, the more you know.

Best wishes.

Welcome to the site. How exciting for you to be adding to your family. Two phases in life for me. Phase 1 was growing up hunted all the time with my dad and our lab and slowly phased out hunting through college and entered a 20+ year drought with very limited hunting outings. Then four years ago, I was able to get my family to compromise on a dog and get a Viszla. She is an amazing companion and hunter and my wife even started joining us in the field. We now have two and hunt a lot. So much fun to see good dog work and to be out in the field away from other distractions.

Where are you getting your Brittany from? If you are interested in competing with your Brittany in the future check out NSTRA. Wisconsin has an active NSTRA region. Also going to a NSTRA trial you can visit with other dog people and get some valuable information. Good luck with the new pup.

I should add, this is the season for a lot of field trial tests. You might check with the Brittany association to see if there are any Brit tests going on close to you.
The more you know, the more you know.

Best wishes.
Sorry, I didn’t see this in time!

Back