Happy “Peak Hatch” Day

Not to rain on your parade, but i was out in the country this A.M. and came across a roaster and hen standing together on the road. Guess some birds will have to try a second time this year...not surprising, actually.

Not to rain on your parade, but i was out in the country this A.M. and came across a roaster and hen standing together on the road. Guess some birds will have to try a second time this year...not surprising, actually.
The great thing about pheasants is they are very determined to hatch a successful nest. Last year was a terrible drought in SD and there were still a lot of birds in our area. Conditions seem to be very good this year so my fingers are crossed.

N
Not to rain on your parade but you do realize the hen does occasionally leave the nest?

No rain, SD’s a big state, I am not intimately familiar with all of it, just keep track of my areas. Pheasants are pretty determined and resilient. Last year was terrible for the hatch yet I had a great season. Should/could be even better this year. It would take a lot more than a hen sighting to rain on my parade! 3 hours of golf ball sized hail in my specific areas would do it!!! 🤯

Back