Hail Damage Corn

BleuBijou

This is never a good thing!!!!!
IMG_0059_zps4eee4585.jpg

corn

looks like potential pheasant cover to me. not that some farmers need any more bad luck but corn futures have dropped recently from a high of about $8 a bushel to last week of $4.60. from a pheasant side, that may save us some crp and other pheasant cover beside lowering the price of hamburg supplement for my dog during hunting season.

cheers

It is from Non Pheaz country!! Well, there were a few 3 years ago!! I have yet to see or hear any from here in some time! Weld County! That doesn't mean there are not birds in Weld! Just not right here!! They are still irrigating the piss out of it. Doves were minimal at best. Maybe seen 25 Mourning and 15 Eurasions. I do see Mourning doves here all year long though. It will be 5 degrees and snowing in Jan. and 25 of them come blasting in and light in the trees. Every year!!!! It is crazy! People laugh when I tell them and then I go with me and I show them!! All they can say is stupid doves!!!! LOL!!:cheers:

Bleu, We have Mourning Doves spend all Winter up here, in stack yards.
Not kidding. We get to -30 even -40.
Stupid doves? not sure.:confused:

Looks rough. We had a hail storm in april of 2010 that screwed our dove season in september all up. April hatch birds are the majority of what it shot in the september season.I assisted in a masters research project on mourning doves and collared doves in college. Not all migrate. If there is sufficient nesting and food they will stay put in isolated areas. Doves can nest 3-4 times in a year , they are non-determinant breeders. I actually like the october or even december dove hunts here the best. If you can find a farmer picking or what you guys probably call combining corn , it is awesome. Usually birds are much larger.

I wish they were in season then because they do move a little slower!!!!:D

Eurasians are open all year though!!

Back