Habitat field prep

beaglebob1

This is a total of 15 acres that we are planting. Fields have not been planted in 30 years so we had to plow.:( Going to disk and plant next week. built a ton of shelter belts along the wood lines.

Looks like you got some nice flat ground to work with. Don't see many rocks in those pics. What are you going to plant?

dove candy mix, covey rise mix,winter survival mix, brood magnet mix and some more milo. we got this from PF and QF. One batch from wildlife management.

no plotmaster, was going to buy one but the real farmers in the family advised against one for this ground, maybe future projects. to much to do. 870 john deere and a 4100 ford tractor. the ground had been sitting 20-30 years and they felt it needed some heavy working before using a plotmaster , at least this year..still had trouble with the 2 row plow plugging up with roots.
took a d3 cat in and cleared some of the heavy growth and then bush hogged. man this little project is costing a ton of time:( still have to disk seed fert. hope that goes better:eek:

fields are planted!!

Fields have been planted about a week now.
Have things popping up all over. Put 300lbs of fert on them 19-19-19.
lots of rain, got 4 inches in 2 hours this week.

Keep us posted on the progress. I need to cut some clover but its just been too dry here in SWMO. I did get my Pearl Millett, beans and milo in the ground a few weeks ago in a field border strip and things are starting to come up be we've had like 3/10ths of an inch of rain since then.

we are 9 inches over for the full year here in the Cincinnati area. Got another 1" this morning.:(

This is a total of 15 acres that we are planting. Fields have not been planted in 30 years so we had to plow.:( Going to disk and plant next week. built a ton of shelter belts along the wood lines.

fields are really looking good and holding birds. released 20 12 week old pheasants and ran one round of quail through the surrogator and after 3 weeks still have birds. time will tell.

Back