Guys with only one dog

Nice blanket and cover the crates with a heavy comforter in my topper. It stays toasty in there. if it gets wet, I have a spare.
I have been considering a topper but have concerns about convenience and access. I have my Setters in crates, with the insulated, water "resistant" cover. Depending on how cold it gets and/or the possibility of precipitation I cover the crates with either a fleece blanket or a quilt, then cover the bed with a water proof tarp. Inside the crate, I have a section of the anti-fatigue mat on the bottom, then a 3" foam cushion and then cedar ribbons for them to nest in. My dogs are small so I keep two in each crate. I try to park directly in front of my motel room door.

I usually don't have the dogs up in the cab with me, they are constantly going back and forth from one side window to the other or trying to get upfront so they can put their nose against the vent. All that's missing is "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

one dog

when she's not driving she's on the floor on the passenger side sleeping. she's really car sick so she pukes if she's in her crate, so I don't bother bringing it.

Back