Gunner's Haven - Selby

jonnyB

A friend of mine is traveling to Selby to hunt next week at one of U-Guide's camps.

Anyone hunted with this outfit this season? Results??

Thanks.

Always see a lot driving through that area, picked up a cripple on my way home on some public, in fact hit a bunch of state stuff up that way after I departed, saw birds in tune for the challenges we faced with the weather, lots of public to hit if Uguide’s stuff runs out, really good public cover in my humble opinion.

The two times I did UGUiDE both were smaller properties that we burned through quickly, with the bird numbers down I’d guess a guy would be smart to be looking at other areas to hunt

Not sure why they selected G. Haven, but assume it was a late choice. They usually hunt near Clark; that land was cut for feed...

Always see a lot driving through that area, picked up a cripple on my way home on some public, in fact hit a bunch of state stuff up that way after I departed, saw birds in tune for the challenges we faced with the weather, lots of public to hit if Uguide’s stuff runs out, really good public cover in my humble opinion.

Glad you were able to score Sunday afternoon - we missed you! Brian and I limited on railroad stuff. Lots of birds that had never been hunted. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Glad you were able to score Sunday afternoon - we missed you! Brian and I limited on railroad stuff. Lots of birds that had never been hunted. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

You too, good to hear they were on the tracks, I’ll have to give them a try, like I said I was taboo that trip, if I would have joined you it probably would have been a different story, no birds. I’m going to give it a whirl around here tommorow.

If you can connect with the right person...

I'm guessing that if someone, at a Class 1 railroad, gave you permission to hunt their ROW, he/she doesn't have authority to grant said permission. Might be another story if it's a small regional shortline.

When hunting RR ROW's always been concerned what might happen if a train came by and me and dogs were on opposite side of tracks.

Back