Guests

I think lots of people like myself have cell phones to keep up with the UPH site and just no time to sign in. Like when at work:thumbsup:

it's just like most hunting forums.... most of them are just internet scouting. Wanting to get something from nothing. Its horrible on duck hunting forums.

wiretap-2.jpg

Ya Got that FC....Ya 3 roosters before 10:00AM. Hey Coot..did you get the county Rd and mile marker....Ya..meet me there in the morning...ok. HE, HE, HE...they will never know..were signed in as guest....snicker, snicker, snicker...

Here's the real story and info

wiretap.jpg

LOL

There is a box in the Log-In that you can check that keeps you logged in. It works too.......Bob

wiretap-2.jpg

Ya Got that FC....Ya 3 roosters before 10:00AM. Hey Coot..did you get the county Rd and mile marker....Ya..meet me there in the morning...ok. HE, HE, HE...they will never know..were signed in as guest....snicker, snicker, snicker...

wiretap.jpg

LOL

ok smartass.... lol. I know it sounds stupid, and doesn't really apply so much for pheasant hunting. Except for the general area. But for duck hunting you would be suprised at how quick someone posts up about having a good day somewhere, and the next morning the place you had all to yourself the prior day is packed full of people.... Just sayin.

yeah I figured... I'm sure its more county specific, go ahead and talk up a county on here and count on there being more hunters there. period.

yeah I figured... I'm sure its more county specific, go ahead and talk up a county on here and count on there being more hunters there. period.

The more people that are posting of their successes in KS, the more confused an internet scouter would be. There are good #'s of birds spread all across the state. KDWP's crowing survey and upland forecast in conjunction with WIHA availability are going to bring people into the areas. Each year things change up a bit (bird populations, WIHA parcels, etc.) and people move on. Much of NW KS is going to have loads of bird hunters every year until KDWP says the birds have done poorly there or reduce the amount of WIHA available (hopefully they'll do neither but the prior is basically inevitable).

Now, for those of you that are still awake, Spence and GCB are quite right in their statements. When I first started hunting Pawnee county, I don't think there were as many hunters as there were after I'd talked about it on this site. HOWEVER, that may be coincidence b/c WIHA was gaining popularity in the area. When I first started hunting WIHA, Pawnee county was one that had more acres available than most. I don't know what caused the pressure increase for certain, but I always felt my big mouth had a lot to do with it. Coincidence or not, the past couple of years I've shared my experiences of walking more than I've been shooting and there are fewer hunters coming.....KDWP's report may have helped with that last season as they'd suggested #'s might be down in that area...they were right and fewer hunters came.

Finally, I try to hunt 3 different parts of the state each season. I've quit naming counties b/c it seems stupid in retrospect. If everyone did name a county they limited out in last season, an internet scouter wouldn't have a chance. From NC KS top tier, to SW KS far bottom corner, back up to far reaches of NW KS, and all across the Central and SC regions clear to the southern tier, hunters took limits. Calling out a specific wildlife area for ducks could cause some serious problems I'm sure, but saying I did well in Phillips county last w/e probably isn't going to change the plans of many internet scouters.

ok smartass.... lol. I know it sounds stupid, and doesn't really apply so much for pheasant hunting. Except for the general area. But for duck hunting you would be suprised at how quick someone posts up about having a good day somewhere, and the next morning the place you had all to yourself the prior day is packed full of people.... Just sayin.

Spence, I have no doubt and know you are correct. I was just having fun with it..just goofing off...LOL:cheers:

Early in my Outdoor Writing career, I wrote a column/article, I wrote for a newspaper. About how great I did at a certain spot on this Reservoir. I went there the next weekend exact count there 37 boats on the published spot. It was never that good again. I also never published a certain spot, I would just mention general areas........Bob

wiretap-2.jpg

wiretap.jpg

LOL

if your inviting the coot can blackcloud come also

Of course :cheers:

Back