Guesstimate

GustavDaGSP

Over your guys pheasant career what is the total Number of birds you would say you have shoot in Mn only ?

Ive been pheasant hunting for about 13yrs. now my best season so far was when i was unemployed does this count:confused: I hunted alot and bagged 43 Roosters here that year that I could say were soley mine ! Lets just say I consumed more than my far share and gave more than enough to family members and friends that year but not keeping a true log on my counts each year which ive started one now thought it would be interesting to here others id guess mine over 100 !

Well....... I would have to say around 75. Im going to have to start keeping a log like Mitch from here on out. Hopefully it does not snow as much this year and I can get out more. Plowing snow in the winter sure does make if dificult to get out of town.

well trevor if u wouldve got a pointer instead of that new lab u also could get your 75 up higher real quick with those easy lay up shot from a point :laugh:

Well lets see. Started hunting phez in MN in 1956 and lived there until 1978. I'd estimate I shot an average of 30 birds a year, maybe more, during those good ol' soil bank days. So that would be an easy 600+, then add the 10 per year I've shot during the past 6-7 years hunting around Canby. So I'd estimate I've taken a good 700 MN pheasants. Now SD that's a tough one to add up. Been hunting out here for 34 seasons. I suppose that's another thousand or two. I think last year's tally was nearly 90. Best year ever. Actually ended up with less than normal in the freezer as I gave the majority of them away. Now I'm not bragging about the above numbers. It's just the results of 55 years of hunting pheasants and living where the numbers were/are good.

I've got one!

I have a grand total of one Minnesota pheasant.:thumbsup: It is mounted and is a fine example from your state. Not too bad since I've only hunted Minnesota once in my life. The year was 1987 around Caledonia.

Back