Grouse Camp 2016

We took advantage of the season opening and headed up to camp to get Chipper in the woods. We used it as a training session to see how Chipper would do and he did really good. He was able to get on scent and managed to flush a couple birds. I have this new video camera and was trying to figure it out so don't have much in the way of pictures but hopefully I will get some good footage this year.

It also takes stills so here's one during a break in the action.

Some fall color from my phone

What a beautiful day to be in the Pennsylvania uplands! We did manage to flush a few birds in one of our favorite grape tangle culverts, but because we where using it as a training session I was carrying a 410. so the shots would has been iffy! Chipper did real well today!

Yep, just trying to figure how much pressure Chip is ready for. He's come a long way in the last two weeks! Maybe get in early and get out or wait and let crowds die down. We have the Monday and Friday of the first week off, so we should be able to get some good work in with the pup.
I took advantage of the NJ stocking for dog trying and Chipper flushed his first Rooster along with two hens, so he's moving along ok!

Do you have time off the first week?

I'm not sure if I'll take off the first week. I will throughout the season and I have the entire week of Thanksgiving off.

Sounds like your heading in the right direction for a great year and many more to come..:thumbsup:

Back