Grouse And Hun Opener

Sharptails are known for the one bird that sits tight after the entire group departs 50+ yards out.

Hey all, went out after work for a quick hunt. Old lady luck smiled on me. I was able to limit in 45 minutes. Raina did well, the weather was perfect! Couldn't ask for more!

I used my 16b Charles Hellis today

mZq88fn.jpg

4YY2EtD.jpg

Best,

Greg

Thanks all for the very kind words! Much appreciated.

The bbls on my Hellis are 28"

Thanks again

Greg

Hey all, well my daughter Patty and I went out today. It was a very good day! Patty got her first bird! One proud papa here. She got it with 1 shot and it went down hard. I also got one. We both got ours after a bunch got up wild, no shots on them. But as always with Sharpies, there were a couple of lonesome Charlies. Addie went with today, she did very well, good solid points and nice retrieves to hand. She's going to be another Old Girl (Duchess was one of best dogs I've ever owned). At 2 1/2 years she is really doing well. Very happy with her. My other GSP Raina is going on the sidelines for awhile. She's got a pretty good gash under her leg. So until she heals up...Addie will have to take the lead. Anyway, a very good day!

Patty and her first bird. She was using a Yildiz 20ga

snXbVLv.jpg

zpMCqnp.jpg

I used the old meat gun today, my 16b Boswell

uXzESzN.jpg

Best

Greg

P.S. Birdman2, the Hellis as well as the Boswell and a few others I have are choked IC/IM, this is my favorite choke combo for the prairies

Hey all, number 2 son (Jim) and I went out after Church for a short hunt prior to Sunday afternoon company coming over. Jim got 1 and I managed 2. My 2 were both passing shots from birds that flew over. Kind of fun!

Anyway, I used my 16ga Arrieta 871

Aqtk3Tu.jpg

Jim used his 20ga AyA

8qGw1Hs.jpg

And.........Addie!

DUoQnHW.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, went out solo today. Nice day. It was hot, dry and no real wind...you know those perfect scenting conditions! But, I did manage to get a Hun and a Sharpie. I should have had one more grouse, but......I blew the shot! Well, it ain't the first time and sure as heck won't be the last. Addie did very well considering. She's doing darn good, very happy with her.

Today was Hammer time. I used my 16ga Carl Goluch

nRWcNVw.jpg

Best,

Greg

Hey all, only had time for a very short hunt today. We're having our Church Dinner/Fair tomorrow, so have to help set up today. Thought I'd post this first however. Another hot dry day and little wind (unusual for here!) I got 1, but also lost one. Legs down, sailed off and dropped about a 1/4 mile away (they sure can glide). Neither I or Addie could find him, what a shame.

Anyway, here's Addie in the field. She did very well today. Pointed a big group that wouldn't hold, got up wild, got a Lonesome Charlie out of the bunch.

fPsdQz0.jpg

Used my 16ga Garbi 100 today

CKunppY.jpg

Best,

Greg

Thanks Chessie for the very kind words!!!

Awesome pics gettinbirdie! Love your pups!
Quick question though. Could you help me out and point me in the right direction to find a GSH pup???? The reason I ask is that my brother in Arizona is an avid quail hunter and has been looking for a GSH pup. He though he found a person online, paid a $300 deposit and got scammed !

Anyhow he is very hesitant on looking online again because of the scammers. I told him about this forum and thought I would ask.

Thanks for your help.....

gjw, you also have a very pretty dog.... Although i am a Lab guy, I have such admiration for short hairs as Ive hunted behind them plenty of times!

Back