Grits Gresham on Pheasant Hunting

On the other hand, the video was like meeting an old friend. I actually remembered a couple of the guys from when I first saw the show--gotta be forty years ago, maybe more. The owner of the hunting preserve looks like he came out of Central Casting for rich, over-fed, and self-indulged land manager. :)

I thought it was good, especially for its age. The hunting shows I catch on network TV consist mostly of whispers I can barely hear and long shots of a deer/turkey/duck falling after the shots.

Thanks.

My Grandpa had this on VHS. I'm pretty sure I watched it so many times, that Grandma made it dissappear after several dozen viewings! Thanks for sharing!

I'm watching this right now, with my ten year old. He just told me, "I feel bad for you, if this is what hunting videos were like when you were a kid."

Thanks for sharing!

Get your sport coats on and walk with a guide using a flushing stick (so you don't have to kick them to make them fly) and go pheasant shooting...not my idea of hunting, but I guess that is all they have. Most of it is still relevant.

That video was actually a very good video for someone just starting to hunt. It was informative and instructional. Exactly what it was made to be.

Back