Greetings from Missoula, MT

41magsnub

New guy here. I've been upland and waterfowl hunting for 25 years and tagged along with my Dad for a few years before I was old enough to shoot.

Finally got my first bird dog after mooching off of others 3 years ago, a GWP named Maddie. I could not have lucked into an easier first dog to train up for hunting. She will be starting her 4th hunting season next month and we are both excited for it. Our focus is on upland game, we run into pheasants, chukar, huns, and sharptails.

The big thing I will be trying this year is a camera harness on the dog. I'm optimistic that the video will be usable and she won't destroy it on barbed wire.

photo_zps4d62c668.jpg

IMAG0394_zpsfc8adb1c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. I plan to be in your area next month. I'm taking my Brittany to a NSTRA field trial in Great Falls over Labor Day weekend. Hoping to maybe do some bird hunting for a couple days before coming home.

Welcome to the site. I plan to be in your area next month. I'm taking my Brittany to a NSTRA field trial in Great Falls over Labor Day weekend. Hoping to maybe do some bird hunting for a couple days before coming home.

Have fun, I actually grew up in Great Falls and still hunt generally in that area, more north towards Conrad. Won't be over there around labor day though, will be chasing grouse in the mountains near my cabin over by Dillon.

Welcome aboard !!! She is a fine looking Lady !!!

Some of the nicest people I have met while hunting in Montana !!!

I look forward to hearing and seeing your hunting adventures this season here on the site .

James O

Hi guys
I am 63 years old and just started pheasant hunting again after 40 years used to hunt a lot when young in Massachusetts .i have a new dog I have been taking to game farms in California last year she is 1 year old choc lab.

Looking to find some hunting areas in Montana this year

Thanks jim

Back