Greetings from Iowa

btomlin

Greetings Everyone.

My name is Brandon. Cut my teeth hunting pheasants and quail in southern Iowa. Hopefully, someday, my 12 yo son will get to see the birds that I grew up hunting. We shot a few pheasants last year, but nothing like in the early-mid 90s when I become "mobile" at 16. I am also a 'fowler. Life doesn't get much better than a lab's face full of a big gaudy rooster, the confusion of 20+ quail busting off a dog's point, or the chatter of tornados of mallards dumping into a set of decoys.

Glad to be here. Hope I can add to the forum.

Brandon Welcome To UPH pull up a chair and Dive right in. Great bunch of people on this forum boards. :thumbsup: Glade to have you join us.:cheers:

Welcome, Brandon. I started hunting in Iowa at the age of 16, too. My family used to go to Leon and use that metropolis as base. We still go to Iowa as the lifetime partnership of friends we made force us to be in Iowa in November. Birds are not what they were- we all realize many of hype issues causing that decline. In fact, I won't shoot quail unless I put up a couple of coveys in one day.

Still, good times and I would not miss it...

Thanks for the welcome. Here is a picture of my 12yo son's 1st rooster he shot on Dec 27th, 2013. Ironically, I killed my 1st pheasant on Dec 27th as a 12 yr old also. Will remember these 2 birds forever....

Thanks for the welcome. Here is a picture of my 12yo son's 1st rooster he shot on Dec 27th, 2013. Ironically, I killed my 1st pheasant on Dec 27th as a 12 yr old also. Will remember these 2 birds forever....

That is an awesome story! Make sure he doesn't forget that story either.

Back