Green River SWA

Sean O

I have a free upland game permit for Green River SWA (Harmon, IL; Lee County) for 12/3/14. From what I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) I can bring up to five hunting buddies. If anyone is interested please let me know. I don't have a dog so I was just going to test my luck solo. If you just want to come out for fun, or bring your dog out for the experience it doesn't matter to me. It's not about bagging game for me; it about getting outside and having fun! PM me if you are interested.

I've only hunted that area once, but put up some nice wild birds. When there's pressure out there they head for the nasty stuff. Nevertheless, they're out there.;)

This will be my first time at Green River so thanks for the info 1Pheas. I will be sure to post if I have any luck or not.

I believe they still have controlled hunting going on there,the days it is closed to release hunting,it is open(not the same areas) to the free upland game hunts.If this is still true,try to hunt alongside where they do the controlled pheasant hunts.You should find some extra birds that eluded hunters there.Good luck!

Back