Great hunts over my break

As a teacher I really enjoyed my 2 week christmas break. Got to hunt for 3 days in the wonderful state of Kansas. One day the winds were 30 mph and snow blustering. But still managed a morning hunt that day. My dad and I moved 8 coveys of quail the first day and moved 9 on the last. Hunting both private and public land. And honestly the public was just as good as the private. The only difference was pheasants. We saw more pheasants on the private ground and maybe a couple on the public. We bagged 14 quail the first day and 12 on the last. Could have gotten a limit but we are not really about that. We saw so many birds that we were trying to pick out the males only and we didnt shoot unless it was off a point. No wild flush shots. The pheasant numbers are a little down but still saw a few. Just really wild and spooky. I managed 1 but I considered that a bonus. My young vizsla pup probably pointed 50 times in 3 days. Absolutely wonderful! Now if I could just figure out how to post the pictures. I have them on photobucket but cant move them to the forum. Ive had advice but still cant figure it out. Its telling me that the photos are 1.98MB and the forum only allows 1.91MB. ?????

Last edited:
What a nice and successful hunt! I'm no help with photos - had same problems as you.

As a teacher I really enjoyed my 2 week christmas break. Got to hunt for 3 days in the wonderful state of Kansas. One day the winds were 30 mph and snow blustering. But still managed a morning hunt that day. My dad and I moved 8 coveys of quail the first day and moved 9 on the last. Hunting both private and public land. And honestly the public was just as good as the private. The only difference was pheasants. We saw more pheasants on the private ground and maybe a couple on the public. We bagged 14 quail the first day and 12 on the last. Could have gotten a limit but we are not really about that. We saw so many birds that we were trying to pick out the males only and we didnt shoot unless it was off a point. No wild flush shots. The pheasant numbers are a little down but still saw a few. Just really wild and spooky. I managed 1 but I considered that a bonus. My young vizsla pup probably pointed 50 times in 3 days. Absolutely wonderful! Now if I could just figure out how to post the pictures. I have them on photobucket but cant move them to the forum. Ive had advice but still cant figure it out. Its telling me that the photos are 1.98MB and the forum only allows 1.91MB. ?????

Congrats on the great hunt! I had the same problem today with photos, go into your photo editor on your computer and reduce the size of the photo. Go to the file with your images and right click, then select edit. There should be a resize option, resize by pixel dimension (percentage) and save. It should reduce your photo size enough to be able to post them up.

Congrats on the great hunt! I had the same problem today with photos, go into your photo editor on your computer and reduce the size of the photo. Go to the file with your images and right click, then select edit. There should be a resize option, resize by pixel dimension (percentage) and save. It should reduce your photo size enough to be able to post them up.

I will give that a try. Thanks. Ive asked advice from quite a few people and cant figure it out. But that seems like a more simple solution. Much appreciated.

Drop me a PM with your email addy and I'll post some pics for you... We'll talk about Photobucket as well. I never reduce anything... just post links. ;)

Glad you got some good days afield. I went this morning and moved over 50 pheasants and 2 coveys that I left alone. Took 1 of the two roosters I got close to then strained my knee and limped home! Hope that clears up quick!

I think I got it. Posted the one pic above with the appropriate story. See if I can get the rest up there. This should be my old setter and buddies shorthair after a good central kansas hunt

Last edited:
The one pic is my puppy last year backing the other two. The one where she has the orange vest on is this year.

Dad and Uncle posing for the post-chukar hunt pic. These are leftovers from many guided hunts. They dont call back very well.

Back