GPS collar question

sootman73

I am looking at tracking my dog using the Garmin DC40 collar. My question is can i use my phone to track the GPS signal? I'd rather not buy the $300 handheld gps when my phone can do all of that just as easily. I'm just not sure how the interface works and if it can work on my phone?

It will not work with your phone. You will need to have both the handheld and the collar. Try ebay or Gundog Supply.

Not to my knowledge. The astro is a great unit and I would reccommend it to anyone with a pointing dog, especially bigger runners.

If there is a gps tracking collar that works off cell towers it will not be much good in places that have good bird numbers. They don't put cell towers in the middle of nowhere :)

I have a Garmin, and it is one of the most improtant pieces of equipment I have. I don't put the dog down without a collar on.

Well right now I just want to track the dog as he runs around town. Hard to keep an athletic lab home when his home is a 700sqft apartment with literally no yard.... LOL Thats why i wasn't too worried about cell service.

Back