Goose story

landman

My 5 year old Lab usually hunts pheasants and hasn't had much opportunity for waterfowl hunting. A couple of years ago we had her on the boat when we downed a goose. She swam out to it but would not bring it back, I think because she did not know how to grab ahold of it. Later I purchased a goose dummy to work on a big bird retrieve in our back yard.

Last week we had her on the boat again and at daybreak we downed a 13 pound goose, Jade swam out and grabbed the goose and brought it back to the boat. I was very pleased and gave my dog much praise for doing so. About an hour later we down another goose but this one hits the water swimming. Jade vaulted out of the boat after the goose and the race was on. Ever so slowly she gained on the bird and the battle was on while I was frantically reaching for my camera. Jade is mainly below the water while the goose floats on top giving the goose an advantage but all we could see was a stressed goose and water flying everywhere. Somehow she grabs the goose behind a wing and drags it back to the boat. I could not have been more proud of my dog.

LM

Last edited:
Landman,
Thanks for sharing. What a great story. Thanks for the pics also. Give the dog a scratch behind the ears for me! Great Job.:10sign:

No prob here crocket! Great retrieve. Always enjoy pics and vids. Thanks for sharing!
Rod:coolpics:​

Congrats to your pup!
If anyone finds it offensive just let me know and I'll take it off - no hard feelings.,
-Croc

That is a really good live retrieve Croc,

I was showing my 4yr old the video and forgot to turned down the volume oops, I was showing him what our Chessie does when we go duck hunting right after the video he went and ask my wife "mommy is Sh!t a mommy and daddy word"
My wife looked at me I swear I could of lit a cigar of the stare she gave me I was laughing my ass off. :thumbsup:

Hyde

LM,

That's a good story and some nice pics. I thank you for sharing.

Croc,

No problem on the video. I tend to get just as excited. Thanks to you as well for sharing.

Back