Goose Hunting

Andyfiredude

I was just wondering if any of you knew any public land in Longmont, CO that's good for Geese, if so please comment where it is, thank you!

All the good goose hunting on the front range is on private land for the most part. Especially around Longmont...

Thanks, I was just asking because me and my brother, UplandLevi, have not gotten a single goose this year, which stinks for us.

Last edited:
There are a few SWA that have crops , just none West of 25 that I know about. But not more then an hours drive from Denver. Some were just closed due to the flood this year. I know of 2 that have been productive in the past. One I am sure that was not closed. I was out around the Greeley area last day and geese were every where. Pretty much flew all day. Some moving up, some were staging. I can't lay down and shoot because of an injury, so I had my little chair and just sat by the truck while 2 others were out in the decoys. I picked off 2 birds 12 plus pounds while the other 2 shot 6 birds in the 3-5 pound range. We should of had our limits. We were in a pasture of grass.:cheers:

I was going to Quail Run to shoot some sporting clays and while on the Elbert /Kiowa road, there is a horse training area on the East side of the road that had well over1000 birds. Wish I could get on there. Unbelievable really.

Yes we did find some where to go, Levi got one, but it was across the creek and we didn't have waders at that time so we left it there until the next morning, and we went to go get it but it was gone. So, bad luck I guess.

Back