Goodbye Brie, you will be missed :(

94NDTA

Another rough day. This one stung a lot. We decided to put down our dog, Brie. She was a great dog, and I have a lot of great hunting memories with her. She had 4 hip dysplasia surgeries and an ACL surgery, starting as early as 6 months. The Vet had told us she would not be able to hunt, and would have a hard time getting around. Much to our surprise, she did excellent with the surgeries. It slowed her down, but allowed her to not over run birds. I remember trip when my father, Brie, and I walked a field that had just been walked by 3 dogs and a group of 6. She was still able to get bird up, and find a downed bird that they missed and could not find. She was a hunting machine. She hunted until she was 9, which for any dog is pretty damn good. It broke my heart when I would pull up with our hunting vehicle only to leave her behind.

The worst part about it was it wasn't her mind, it was her body. She pretty much only used her front legs to walk, until they gave out too.

Hug your dogs tight, take them for a walk. They don't live long enough :(

pointagain.jpg

prettypuppy.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

With my dad, who is taking this rough

Picture063.jpg

Goodbye, buddy.
000_0224.jpg

Mods, move this if this is not the it place, just needed to get this off my chest.

Last edited:
Sounds like you gave her the best life she could have hoped for with her condition. And if she was suffering, you clearly made the right choice.

I had a dog that was full of cancer. vet said I should put it down:( Gave me the weekend. I did all the fun stuff with browndog 1:thumbsup: Sunday evening he walked around the bin looked at me sadly and died:( He was so good he saved me what would have been a very hard day:) Sorry about the loss. Them some :coolpics: and A nice tribute for mans best friend:10sign:

This thread will stay where it's at.
There are a lot of us on here that feel for your loss.
It is always so hard to lose a best friend.

You gave all you could give that dog and it had a great life. Best thing to do is get another one - the sooner the better - and do the same for it.

Its always a hard thing to do, but when they are suffering, its the Right thing to do. Britchasers advise is spot on. Get a new pup.

Sorry to hear the news. Always cherish the memories!

Shedding a tear for you and you family this morning. What a beautiful girl. I don't know which of you were luckier to have the other, but you were both blessed. Hang in there.
Condolences from Nova Scotia.

My condolences. As stated, Brie had a great home, lots of love, and the best of care.

They don't live long enough
. . . a dog's only fault, actually.

Back