good times

cowdog

Went out for the last weekend and met up with HHR, Great guy, hunted hard and the dogs did good. On the last day I got to yell hen,hen,rooster which was one of the highlights. Finaly got a rooster out of an elusive flock Ive been chasing all season. Still a ton of birds out there.
Great end to a great season.

good work guys. Glad to hear u had fun. Oh and I dont know where I got thrown into whistles but its ok. I dont like em. LMAO

@epm: HAHAHA!!! You know there's a lot of good-natured jest always going on here @ the UPH forum! I was really hoping to run across you at the Main Event or hunt you down around town while I was in your neck of the woods...Didn't need to hunt with you, just wanted to see if you could live up to your cranky, smart-@ss image! :p

Thx cowdog, it was a GREAT end-of-the-season hunt (dare I say almost PERFECT)!!! :thumbsup: My favorite moment of the entire wknd was when I cracked off a long shot at what I assumed was probably one of the last stragglers of a few roosters we had seen fly into the red grass - then all hell broke loose when the field exploded with 50+ birds right underneath our feet at the shot - all I could do was easily drop a single rooster with my one remaining shot left in an o/u & then stand there helplessly watching/enjoying the rest of the show! :D Coulda probably done real well too on all those birds piling out of the big, knarly tumbleweed patch if I had put my ski goggles on a bit earlier so I could tell a hen from a rooster in time with all that wind & snow blowing in my eyes! ;) Other than that it was beautiful dog work & a steady pick/trickle of close-flushing birds all day long on Mon in the brutal cold, wind & snow - but I'm still racking my brain trying to figure out why we couldn't buy a bird be4 noon in that pea-soup fog on Sun a.m (I thought it was gonna be a duck shoot)...Anybody out there know what on earth the phez tend to do on a cold, low-hanging foggy morning??? :confused:

Better watch it HHR, you are going to a reputation like mine. Can't hit beans if they paid you........Bob

HHR, We didnt have any luck Sunday till noon either. We called it a day. We were as puzzled. For it being foggy,cold,and Frosty they sure werent where we thought they should be. By the time noon came we decided they must be in the red grass. Saturday we had a good hunt be he hunted hard all day. We ended up with 12 and lost a couple. The funny part was we thought Saturday would be a terrible day. OH well good times.

sorry I didn't make it out HHR.....Wife had to work both days and I couldn't break away. Lets plan on next year for sure....say opening weekend in Burlington!! Maybe we can go shoot some clay birds sometime.

I will send you a PM>..

Greg

Back