Good SD Trip!

Birdog

Hit SD last week for the nonresident opener...good times with friends, family and pups. Had to work a bit for them but good times nonetheless. :cheers:

rockyjay.jpg

Love hunting the SD cover!
meatnjustin.jpg

Rooster!!!
jasonncheyenne.jpg

Good afternoon...smashed a grouse as well!
mattnjay2.jpg

Hitting the corn rows for roosters--watch out for the rattlers! We killed 12 in two days and will have snake proof boots/gaiters next time! Did not use the dogs in the corn.
trukfullbirds.jpg

Last edited:
night activities

Tired pups, cold beer and good Canadian Whiskey every night!
rocky3.jpg

Brother has some better pics...will post them up later this week.

Great pics! Glad you guys had a good hunt!

:coolpics:

Birdog, glad you had a good trip. Nice pics.

I just have one observation after looking at your pics and that is the lack of orange, espeically on yourself. I would suggest at least an orange cap. I know it's not required in SD but it is a good idea from a safety stand point. I'm sure everyone's a good, safe hunter but accidents happen. I had a friend that got shot opening weekend and he was with a bunch of experience hunters. He took a couple of pellets in the cheek, a couple in the throat, one in the back of his neck and a bunch in his side. I know orange will not prevent accidents but it will help. Just my 2 cents!

Great pictures!

Looks like the grasslands produced well for you.

Don't forget to try fried rattler. Skin them, cut them into 3 inch chunks, bread them, and fry. Pull or fork the meat off the bone, kinda like eating wings.

Do not believe anyone when they say they taste like chicken... It's Taste's more like frog sh!t to me. lol Some people like it, and others don't :cheers:

Great pictures!

Looks like the grasslands produced well for you.

Don't forget to try fried rattler. Skin them, cut them into 3 inch chunks, bread them, and fry. Pull or fork the meat off the bone, kinda like eating wings.

Do not believe anyone when they say they taste like chicken... It's Taste's more like frog sh!t to me. lol Some people like it, and others don't :cheers:

What in the heck does frog sh** taste like....lol. I have to agree great pictures!!! This is why I love SD....wide open spaces and plenty of birds. Glad you guys had fun and good memories....hurry back!

Nah, to me they do taste some what like frog. Frog is good if they are cleaned up and cooked properly. The best frog I've had was at the Galley in Webster SD, they broasted them. A+ to me.

Back