Good recipes

Bob Peters

Now that pheasant season is in full swing, I need to get cooking. I've already made two pots of pheasant chili, but now I'm thinking of pheasant wild rice soup. If anyone has any good easy recipes they want to share, I promise I'll try them! I've got three birds hanging in the garage right now I'll clean in the morning. Thanks in advance.

Now that pheasant season is in full swing, I need to get cooking. I've already made two pots of pheasant chili, but now I'm thinking of pheasant wild rice soup. If anyone has any good easy recipes they want to share, I promise I'll try them! I've got three birds hanging in the garage right now I'll clean in the morning. Thanks in advance.
Bob, I know there was a thread on here somewhere and people were sharing their recipes. Golden Hour posted one that I want to try. I'd love to try your buttery curry recipe if you are willing to share the recipe.

Bob, I know there was a thread on here somewhere and people were sharing their recipes. Golden Hour posted one that I want to try. I'd love to try your buttery curry recipe if you are willing to share the recipe.
I found the thread. It is Recipes for Roosters.

I made some last night that was pretty good.

I did breasts and thighs
Salt/pepper meat and let sit in fridge for 1hr to dry exterior.
Cast iron pan with probably 4tbs oil (i used bacon grease), brown meat on both sides and set meat side on plate.
Sautee 1/4c diced onions in remaining oil until translucent, add 1tbs minced garlic and sliced mushrooms (however much you like, or none) and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
Add 3tbs flour and 2 tbs butter to oil and onions/garlic/mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes or until the roux starts to darken a little.
Add chicken broth until a gravy forms, about 3-4 cups (it will thin as phez juices cook out so dont go too thin)
Season to taste with salt/pepper
Return meat to gravy and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.

Served over egg noodles.

Filet breast meat off. Cut breast meat into bite size pieces. Dredge in egg, then use ITALIAN bread crumbs (Italian best for flavor). Fry in Olive Oil.

You need to have lots of maple syrup (made by friends) for that phez and waffles. Natures gift to us.

fajitas....any recipe you'd use for chicken fajitas. we made them on a blackstone out on the prairie for lunch a few weeks ago.

I've used Julia Child's recipe for coq au vin and it was the best tasting pheasant I ever ate. Cooked it slow in a crock pot. An interesting aside: Julia Child was a spy for the allies in WWII.

Back